Mobile phones and the mobile device network has enabled over 500 million photos to be uploaded every day on the mobile network. Sharing of digital information has grown 9 times in five years. And China is leading the digital charge. If you haven’t seen it already, “Queen of the ‘Net” Mary Meeker has uploaded her latest report on Internet trends, and her SlideShare is provided below.
Mobile Phones Access
But it is not just the web that has changed. How we access them has changed as well. In this slide shares from digital strategy consultant Benedict Evans delves into the mobile world with his latest presentation, “Mobile is Eating the World.” Among his findings: Smartphones and tablets are leading the mobile charge, dragging along the Internet and media, and “this is changing everything.” Tablets have overtaken PCs in 2012 – include 66m iPads, with over 200m to be sold in 2013.
Phone Statistics – The numbers Grow
- There are more than 2 mobile phones per human in 2020 and increasing. (Statista).
- In 2021, the number of mobile devices operating worldwide stood at almost 15 billion, up from just over 14 billion in the previous year.
- The number of mobile devices is expected to reach 18.22 billion by 2025, an increase of 4.2 billion devices compared to 2020 levels
- 5.11 billion unique mobile phone users in 2019, and 2.71 billion used smartphones
- Smartphone users grew to over 3.5 billion in 2020
- 52% of the worlds internet users are mobile phone users
- Samsung is 20% of the total
|Characteristic||Smartphone users in millions|
Read more about the technology of 5G here